Help with Printer Configuration

How to make filament for 3d printer? Forums Community Forum Help with Printer Configuration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    scasci07
    Participant

Hello, I’m just looking for some guidance with my own project that is very similar to the PETamentor. I built my setup off of a youtube video a few months ago, and I’ve got the filament it’s just that the printed results aren’t great and I’m not really sure what to do with the settings. I made the filament from regular Aquafina water bottles. The “ribbon” from the bottles is about 0.5 in (1.27 cm) in width and the filament produced from this is about 1.75 mm diameter. The filament is hollow but I don’t really know if there is a way to avoid this. Can someone tell me if perhaps the ribbon size that I am using is too small for these thin water bottles? Would I have better results with a 2 L soda bottle? I also only have individual pieces of filament made from each bottle, and I have not figured out how to easily merge them together to make one long strand of filament.

Thanks!

TomKat-01
    Participant

In one of the videos on the Thingiverse site (links on this site), it was said that the flow rate in the slicer needs to be increased to around 150% to help compensate for the hollow filament. Hope this helps

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by TomKat-01.
    TomKat-01
    Participant

A Correction to prior post – After reading thrugh the earlier posts, I realized that I should have said the Extrusion Multiplyer needs to be at 1.4, not the flow rate. Sorry.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.